CDL General Knowledge Test #3
This is our CDL general knowledge test #3. Pass this test and all of our practice tests and you will be prepared to pass the test for your commercial drivers license.
1. Name some suspension system defects.
Broken leaves in leaf spring.
Cracked or broken spring hangers.
Leaking shock absorbers.
All of the above.
None of the above.
2. What is the most important hand signal that you and the helper should agree on?
3. What three things add up to total stopping distance?
Perception Distance + Reaction Distance+ Braking Distance.
Resistance Distance + Perception Distance + Braking Distance.
Visual Distance+ Braking Distance + Resistance Distance.
Braking Distance + Perception Distance + Lag Time.
4. Where should your reflectors be placed when stopped on a divided highway?
20 feet, 150 feet, and 300 feet toward the approaching traffic.
10 feet, 100 feet, and 200 feet toward the approaching traffic.
15 feet, 75 feet, and 150 feet toward the approaching traffic.
30 feet, 100 feet, and 150 feet toward the approaching traffic.
5. What are two main things to look for ahead while driving?
Road signs and Detours.
Fire and Flooding.
Bridges and Tunnels.
Truck Stops and Police.
Traffic and road conditions.
6. What three kinds of emergency equipment must you have?
Fire extinguisher, Spare electrical fuses , warning devices for parked vehicles
Warning devices for parked vehicles , first aid kit, flares.
First aid kit, fire extinguisher, flares.
Flares, fire extinguisher, spare electrical fuses.
None of the above
7. If you go twice as fast, will your stopping distance increase by two or four times?
8. You should use low beams whenever you can.
9. You can always safely remove the radiator cap as long as the engine isnt overheated.
10. If a tire blows out, you should put the brakes on hard to stop quickly.
Email to send test results?
Do Not Fill This Out